Real Estate Information
Nancy Jenkins Blogs Vermont
Nancy Jenkins, CRB, CRS
Displaying blog entries 1-10 of 122
What does every home need? A fabulous kitchen! It needs to be functional but spectacular. These kitchens are just that and more!
Take a look at our top kitchens of Vermont that stand out from the rest!
1. This Shelburne kitchen features a large island with granite countertops and a breakfast nook opening out onto a beautiful bluestone patio with stone walls and stone fireplace. When you are looking for a place to entertain this summer, this home is the perfect spot!
Visit our Full Listing - Shelburne - $1,020,000
2. Every cook dreams of a kitchen like this. The oversized island with custom butcher block top contains refrigerator drawers, microwave and wine refrigerator. 6 burner Dacor gas range with duel fuel double overs, Miele dishwasher and Subzero refrigerator. The open floor plan makes this kitchen perfect for family fun and entertaining!
Visit our full listing - Fairfax - $935,000
3. A gourmet kitchen with an outstanding appliance package! Meile top of the line and sub-zero refrigerator, 5 burner cook top and great stainless steel farmers sink. Entertaining is a delight with this exciting center island for the cook and guests, double pantries and built-in china cabinetry!
Visit our full listing - Essex - $745,000
4. This kitchen was fully remodeled in 2010 with great flow! Custom 13” cabinetry, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, two skylights and wet bar with wine refrigerator in the breakfast nook. Step out to the three season porch for easy entertaining and family fun!
Visit our full listing - Shelburne - $659,500
5. This gorgeous kitchen was recently remodeled with new appliances, granite countertops and custom cabinetry. With views of the lake, tons of upgrades and a private neighborhood beach, this home is one not to miss!
Visit our full listing - Burlington - $589,000
6. This truly unique and amazing home features a state of the art kitchen. This open floor plan is great for entertaining. Remodeled with attention to every detail.
Visit our full listing - Colchester - $579,000
7. This special home with wow you at every turn! The amazing kitchen with hardwood floors, granite countertops on three sides and an oversized center island make it great for family fun and entertaining. Enjoy a cup of coffee in the sunny breakfast nook looking out over the deck, private rear yard and gardens.
Visit our full listing - Jericho - $539,000
8. Look out on the valley from this incredible home. The large open kitchen featuring Bosch appliances, granite countertops, 42” cherry soft close cabinets & walk-in pantry will simply amaze you.
Visit our full listing - Fairfax - $399,900
9. This home features an amazing kitchen with 400 sq. ft. addition. A true Chef’s dream with granite countertops, upgraded cabinets, large 9 ft. island with seating, double oven, 2 sinks, French door refrigerator plus wine fridge!
Visit our full listing - Georgia - $349,000
10. This delightful home has been fully remodeled, including the kitchen! This cook's kitchen has a great open feel. One level living has never been so amazing.
Visit our full listing - Underhill - $344,900
When thinking about buying a home, there are lots of things that matter to buyers. Here are the top 4 things that matter to buyers.
1. The quality of a neighborhood. The type of neighborhood can differ based on buyers. What kind of neighborhood fits you?
2. Convenience to work. We all know how annoying commuting can be, but it's not just the time spent commuting that matters to buyers. A growing portion of buyers today are Millennials. Life-work balance means a lot to Millennials. When you buy a home close to work it helps to enhance the life-work balance.
3. Quality of schools. Vermont is known for the quality of it's schools. Realtor.com found that a majority of home buyers who said that school boundaries will have an impact are willing to pay 1 percent to 10 percent above budget to live within school boundaries.
4. Open floor plans. Open floor plans are perfect for entertaining and spending quality time with family and friends. This is something very important to Gen Y. Take a look at our featured properties where we have lots of homes with open floors plan.
As always, if you are in the market for a home, please call us here at Nancy Jenkins Real Estate! 802-846-4888
The median US home price in January was $188,900 according to The National Association of Realtors. What exactly will that price get you? The Huffington Post did a great job at showing just how varied the answer to that question is across the US. Are you curious what that price will get you here in Vermont? Check out some of these fabulous listings we have that are around the median price.
19 Saxon Hollow Drive, Essex - $221,000
For just a little over the median price, you can own this popular Saxon Hollow Townhome. Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, lots of space and a spacious deck overlooking the woods.
7 Pleasant Woods, Fairfax - $158,500
This new energy efficient townhome comes in under the median price! Two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, open kitchen & dining area and a great deck to the rear with wonderful country views!
No matter what type of home you are looking for, we can help you find it. If you are in the market for a new home give us a call! 802-846-4888
What better state to retire in than Vermont? When getting ready to retire, you're most likely ready to take the stress off your back and take life back to the basics. Life is easy to enjoy in Vermont when you have the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain. Whether you prefer skiing, hiking, or simply looking at the views, Vermont has that cozy hideaway you are looking for. There is plenty to do when the family comes to visit. Take them to Church Street full of small shops and street performers, go skiing or snowboarding on the slopes and finish off the day with a great meal at one of the top restaurants around.
Chittenden County is the best of the best here is Vermont, at least we think so! Burlington is so close, but you aren’t very far from the fantastic hiking trails and ski slopes. There is the perfect balance between nature, small towns and the entertainment and fantastic social life of Burlington within an hour surrounding. We hope you love Vermont as much as we do!
If you are thinking of retiring to the Green Mountain State, we hope you call Nancy Jenkins Real Estate. We know Vermont and are very confident we can help find the right home for you.
Moving can be very stressful! Here at Nancy Jenkins we do our best to make it as easy as possible. As a service to our clients we provide the use of one of our 14 ft Nancy Jenkins Moving Trucks for free! If one of our moving trucks is available when you need it, it’s yours for the day. We ask that you check availability in advance, keep your move to under a 50-mile radius, and gas up the truck before you drop it back off.
Before you load up the truck take a look at these moving tips to save yourself some time. Some of our favorite tips are #1 and 2. Packing an overnight bag is very smart. Make sure to include everything you will need for a day or even two; moving can be exhausting don't except to have everything unpacked the first day. Making sure to prioritize your boxes is also very useful. Having the items you'll need first in clear bins will make it very easy to find the things you need the most!
If you're ready for a move give us a call!
At this time of year it's obvious, Vermont is one of the most beautiful states in the country from their sunsets, fall foliage and soon to be mountains of snow. Whether you live here or just visit during parts of the year you won't be able to forget the spectacular views. These 5 homes have the best views of Vermont! Don't just take our word for it, see them for yourselves! Call us at Nancy Jenkins Real Estate to see these views in person and find the home of your dreams.
This custom colonial on 15 private acres has great mountain views! With the screen porch and huge decks you can enjoy them all year long. Charlotte $789,000
Close to the marina, beaches and town, this classic shingle-style home on a private 10-acre setting boasts outstanding Adirondack high peak views. Charlotte $899,000
Great Location, Great Beach, 150’ of Lake front on desirable Hills Point Rd. West facing 1 Acre lot with Panoramic Adirondack and sunset views you'll be sure to love. Charlotte $695,000
Lake Champlain waterfront property with beach, deck and fantastic lake, Adirondack and sunset views. Charlotte $650,000
This Thompson's Point lakefront cottage has incredible finishes with the charm of yesteryear and views of Lake Champlain. Charlotte $575,000
When you move into a new neighborhood make sure to get to know your neighbors and get involved in activities going on in your community. A great community building service is Front Porch Forum which is free to use and only available to people who live in your area! Go ahead and create an account to start making connections in your neighborhood! Are you worried your neighborhood isn't safe? Check out these 9 tech tools to keep your neighborhood safe. Most of these can be combined with Front Porch Forum to make your life that much easier.
The kitchen is the most loved and lived in part of a home. If you love to cook, entertain, or just hang out with the kids you probably spend a lot of time in your kitchen, so it has to be perfect! We're highlighting these kitchens as the best of Vermont! You can find these listings and more at NancyJenkins.com
This custom kitchen is a dream come true for any chef! Cherry cabinets glazed with black chestnut. Custom 13" shelves, lots of cabinet storage space, built-in book shelves about office "nook". Custom designed mosaic backsplash. Stainless steel major appliances including gas/electric fuel stove/oven with warming oven. Durable Porcelanosa floor tile and more!
Enjoy cooking in this kitchen while your kids do their homework sitting at the granite topped island. Perfect for any occasion this kitchen will make your friends and family feel right at home. With custom oil rubbed cherry cabinets & granite countertops this kitchen is one sure to please!
The lighting in this kitchen will amaze you! The open layout and extra counter space is perfect for entertaining. Whether you are just having a Sunday Brunch or cooking Thanksgiving for the whole family this is the kitchen for you.
This Gourmet Kitchen has granite countertops, a walk-in butler’s pantry, high-end appliances and custom cabinetry. Eat inside looking out at the Mountains and Lake or enjoy your time outside on the bluestone patio.
Cook in this beautiful Chef’s kitchen with granite countertops, upgraded cherry cabinets, stainless steel appliances, large breakfast bar and amazing mountain views!
Call us today to schedule an appointment to see one of these exquisite kitchens!
The Burlington Free Press put together some great guides to make the most of the Vermont summer. Whether you're from the Burlington area, Lamoille County, Montpelier or even Addison County you will be able to find something fun to do.
Burlington is a great place to be in the summer.
"The city is home to trails, parks, beaches and bike paths. The Island Line Trail runs 14 miles from Burlington to the tip of South Hero. The Lake itself provides endless possibilities for having fun and keeping cool, not to mention spectacular sunsets."
Check out the Fun Guide for the Burlington area to not miss a beat! Make sure to check out The Festival of Fools this weekend on Church Street and in City Hall Park for some fun for the whole family. Don't miss these activities Burlington Free Press has come up to keep the fun alive this summer!
August 2-5: Festival of Fools, Church Street and City Hall Park, street theater including circus acts, music, and comedy for family audiences. Street performers from around the world, free, Burlington City Arts
August 4: Dragon Boat Festival, Waterfront Park, watch 1,600 people compete in dragon boat races and team spirit performances in support of breast cancer survivors, www.ridethedragon.org
August 15-18: Lake Champlain Maritime Festival, Waterfront Park, celebration of Vermont’s maritime history, display of classic boats, afternoon and nightly live music. Most events free. Ticketed evening shows through Higher Ground featuring The Black Crowes among others, www.lcmfestival.com
If you aren't from the Burlington area don't worry there are Fun Guides for everyone! Click on the fun guide to your area and get out and do something today!